Odete is an experimental platform for indoor navigation. New methods are tested on this platform before integrating into industrial systems like LTC2. Different control approaches are integrated concurrently in order to compare them:
- behaviour based point to point driving (with obstacle avoidance)
- simple follow-the-line approach
- advanced bubble path-planning (with obstacle avoidance)
The platform is also used for practical exercises of students. Typical tasks have been:
- Collecting golf balls in an known indoor environment
- Development of a guiding robot
- Collecting coffee cups from tables in our office using odete and a small puma robot.